Welcome on the website of Language Machines. We are a group of researchers, guided by Antal van den Bosch , who combine Natural Language Processing with Machine Learning methods in various ways. Most of us are part of the Language & Speech Technology PI group at the Radboud University Nijmegen as well.
Areas of research & expertise
- Dreaming Language Machines -
- Mining Language Machines - Text mining, or text analytics, is the applied intersection of natural language processing, machine learning, and information retrieval. At the Language Machines group several text mining projects are carried out, sometimes in the category Social Language Machines if the domain is social media. Other more generic and policy-oriented projects are classified here.
- Social Language Machines - With a focus on Twitter data, the Social Language Machines build tools to monitor public opinion and events (floods, traffic jams, social events), detect the emotion from a text and predict the next characters that someone wants to type.
- Supporting Language Machines -
- Translating Language Machines - Machine Translation